Advertisement

Friday, August 12, 2016

Tasty Vegan Things To Try #1

I aspire to regularly share with you my experiences with new or new to me vegan foods that I think you should try. This is the first edition of this series. Be sure to come back for more in the future. Oh, and leave your own recommendations in the comments. I am always looking for new and delicious things to eat!


Clif bars are what my wife and I reach for while on the trail. To be fair, though, they aren't the most satisfying sometimes. This new variety, though, wow! They are similar in texture and flavor to the original Clif bars on the outside but are filled with rich, delicious nut butter on the inside. They're decadent but are actually pretty low in sugar. Totally yummy!


Late July makes a lot of vegan-friendly chips. I purchased these flavors after receiving a recommendation. Don't let the names deceive you, though; the "Bacon Habanero" ones are actually LESS SPICY than the "Jalapeno Lime" ones. I liked them both a lot, though I wouldn't say that either variety actually tasted like the thing they were supposed to. But they were really, really tasty. I like to think of them as vegan Doritos.



Bite Me Kupcakez vegan cupcakes. Locally made in a residential kitchen in New Hampshire, you cannot find these gluten-free and vegan baked goods everywhere. Also, please note that while all of their products are gluten-free not all of them are vegan. The label was a tad confusing- I thought I bought a multi-pack but they all tasted like chocolate cake with strawberry frosting to me. Awesome cupcakes, for sure. The frosting was especially wonderful.


If you're into health food, you have probably heard about all of the benefits of turmeric. I take a lot of supplements as it is so I wasn't keen on taking this inflammation blasting root as a pill. Enter Gaia's brand of powdered mixes. They resemble chai tea in flavor but contain the wonder herb turmeric, too. Although you can easily add it to water and drink as is, I prefer warming a cup of vanilla almond milk and stirring in the recommended amount along with 2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup. It is truly delicious!

That's all for now. Stay tuned for the next edition of Tasty Vegan Things to Try. Also, leave your suggestions for things for me to try and I may feature them in an upcoming post. Leave a comment or email me at lizzie clements at icloud dot com!

No comments: